Co-hosts & Partners
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
JARECO (Japan America Real Estate Coalition Office) is an organization that conducts research and information exchange on international real estate distribution policy with industry-academia cooperation. It was established on March 26, 2013 at the time of signing of bilateral agreement with NAR (National Association of REALTORS).
We contribute to revitalization of real estate distribution market in Japan through collecting information on real estate trading and distribution system of each country, conducting academic collaborative research and exchange information on international real estate distribution. We also assist activities of NAR in Japan, and activities of real estate industries in Japan on their activities in United States through NAR.
Specifically, we are focused on doing the following businesses in order to create global market through utilizing resources and international network with 60+ cooperating countries of NAR.
- ♦ Information Exchange
- We assist international personnel exchanges. In addition, we will continue to disseminate information on the real estate distribution market in Japan to the world.
- ♦ Research/ Publication/ Seminar
- We conduct research and on international trading systems and best practice, and we will create a DB of expert knowledge and findings.
- ♦ Education and Training
- We promote education and training programs for international human resource development and certify international certifications.
Japan Association of Home Suppliers was founded in April 2013. Currently the association has more than 1,700 member companies nationwide. The members are from publicly traded major corporations to middle-sized enterprises. They are developers, homebuilders, property managers, brokers and other housing related real estate businesses. They deal with from a single-family home to high-rise condominium buildings throughout Japan. The Association supports and assists the industry for the better and healthier residential environment.
- Our members engage in the all aspects of residential real estate businesses such as subdivision and land development and sales, home-building and sales, condominium building construction and sales, brokerage and town planning. They are located throughout the country from Hokkaido in the north to Okinawa in the south.
- Purpose of the Association
- The Association pledges to promote the expansion of the residential real estate industry as well as the improvement of the standard of living and public welfare. Thus, the Association upholds the supply and distribution of residential property and the related business to improve the residential environment.
Each of the 47 prefectures in Japan has a Real Estate Transaction Association, and many of the Real Estate Companies in Japan are the members of this association. The National Federation of Real Estate Transaction Associations (NFRETA) is the headquarters of the 47 Real Estate Transaction Association.
The member companies of NFRETA exceed 100,000 and almost 80% of real estate companies in Japan are the members of NFRETA. This means NFRETA is the largest institute of the real estate transaction association in Japan.
NFRETA was established in 1967, and has over 50 years of history. The main business of NFRETA are as follows:
- To research on real estate transactions, to make policy proposals
- To engage in educational activities on real estate transaction
- To assist the development of human resources of those who engage in real estate industry
In addition, as the real estate industry is changing rapidly, NFRETA is forming a “dove-mark group” with affiliated institutes and contributing to consumers and the society in various areas, not only to the members of NFRETA or the real estate industry.
The National Association for Real Estate Transaction Guaranty (NARETG) is an institute established on March 1973, with the permission of the Minister of Construction (Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transportation as of today) based on the article 64-2 of the Building Lots and Building Transaction Business Act. Over 73% of 123,000 Real Estate Companies in Japan are the members of NARETG. The actual number of members as of the end of March, 2018, is approximately 90,000.
NARETG is engaging in various tasks as follows to achieve the protection of consumers, improvement of real estate companies’ ability, and the healthy development of the real estate industry.
- To provide a consultation service all over Japan in order to immediately solve the problems between the consumers such as the seller, buyer, or lessee of a real estate and the Real Estate Companies of the members of NARETG.
- Should the problem between the Member Companies and the consumers are not settled through consultation, NARETG pays the consumer for the damage caused by the transaction. The payment is basically up to ¥10,000,000 yen.
- To hold seminars in order to improve skills of the people working in the real estate industry
- To preserve the deposit money paid by the buyer of a real estate from the time of concluding a contract until the time of delivery
- To hold seminars for consumers to learn the knowledge of real estate transactions etc.
The All Japan Real Estate Association is the oldest public interest incorporated association of realtors in Japan; it was established on October 1, 1952, in response to a demand for a public interest incorporated association of realtors to ensure that the Real Estate Brokerage Act, enacted on June 10, 1952, is widely understood and thoroughly implemented for reforming and improving the industry. The Association's regional headquarters are located in 47 prefectures; it has more than 31,000 regular member companies all over the country.
Real estate is the industrial foundation; the supply and transactions of residential lands and buildings form the basis of people's life. The Association aims to contribute to society and the sound development of the industry by ensuring fairness in transactions and promoting effective utilization so that consumers can use real estate without concerns.
As active international exchanges have been found to be essential for the development of the real estate industry in Japan, we have long focused on interactions with overseas parties and been committed to international exchanges. For example, we became a member of Federation Internationale des Administrateurs de Biens Conseils Immobiliers (FIABCI) and persuaded realtors from ten Asian nations to set up the Asia-Pacific Real Estate Congress in anticipation of their future development.
Currently, the Association has been interacting with organizations such as National Association of Realtors in the U.S. and Chinese Association of Real Estate Brokers as well as FIABCI to conduct research and share information on real estate in Japan and overseas countries.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is America's largest trade association, representing 1.3 million members, including NAR's institutes, societies, and councils, involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries. Assisting members through program including, advocacy, education, code of ethics.
Our membership is composed of residential and commercial brokers, salespeople, property managers, appraisers, counselors, and others engaged in the real estate industry. Members belong to one or more of approximately 1,200 local associations/boards and 54 state and territory associations of REALTORS®. NAR also have bilateral partnerships with 93 groups/association in 72 countries worldwide. NAR has bilateral agreement with 5 association in Japan.
For more information, please go to www.nar.realtor
Established in March 1963, the Real Estate Companies Association of Japan is an organization composed of companies that work on urban development and attractive town development. In order to actively and effectively promote member companies, the association conducts surveys and research on real estate related systems, involves in policy advice, and engages in social contribution activities.
As the expected role of the real estate industry increase looking forward to the future of the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2020, we will contribute to the improvement of lifestyle and sustainable growth of the Japanese economy through promotion of town planning with the future trend and realization of affluent living life style.
The following are operations conducted to achieve our mission;
- Studies and research on the real estate businesses including supply and development of a good stock of housing, office facilities, etc., promotion of urban development such as urban renaissance and redevelopment projects, promotion of the real estate securitization business, and promotion of environmental initiatives
- Submission of proposals and opinions concerning the above item
- Provision of information, dissemination of knowledge and providing consultations related to real estate and real estate businesses
- Provision of workshops for real estate transaction agents
- Implementation of philanthropic activities through supporting disaster recovery, academic, etc.
- Provision of information, implementation of training and such for the promotion of member activities
- Other operations necessary to achieve the mission of our Association
The Association for Real Estate Securitization(ARES) established as an incorporated association in December 2002. ARES goes beyond existing industry frameworks to bring together companies and other organizations operating in a range of sectors related to real estate securitization. There are roughly 300 members.
ARES aims to protect investors, facilitate the sound development of the real estate securitization product market, and contribute to the expansion of the real estate investment market by ensuring the integrity and smooth continuity of operations in the real estate securitization business and promoting real estate securitization.
ARES conducts advanced research on the overall business of real estate securitization. ARES also provides online J-REITs information sites and indices such as ARES Japan Property Index (AJPI) and ARES Japan Fund Index (AJFI).
- Policy recommendations
ARES submits comments and recommendations on the systems and policies related to real estate securitization to promote the sound development of the real estate securitization product market.
- Developing guidelines and regulations
ARES instructs its members to comply with relevant laws and protect investors by developing guidelines, voluntary rules, etc.
- Complaints resolution support service
ARES has established the Claim Consultation Center and the voluntary code of conduct to support the swift resolution of complaints and disputes between ARES members and their customers.
- Information service and outreach
ARES offers a broad range of information and conducts outreach activities to help people develop an understanding of real estate securitization.
ARES works on training programs for real estate securitization experts.
The Association of Real Estate Agents of Japan (Fudosan Ryutsu Keiei Kyokai: FRK) is a legal entity with a membership of medium- to large-sized housing and real estate companies that are primarily engaged in the brokerage of existing houses and sale of new buildings. Since its foundation in 1970 with the aim of enabling safe and smooth supply of real estate, including existing houses, FRK has actively took part in various initiatives to exchange real estate information, as well as research and policy proposal activities, promoting further development of real estate markets with increased transactions.
Main Activities of FRK
FRK is mainly engaged in the following activities:
- 【Research and study】
- FRK conducts research and study activities to support the standardization and facilitation of real estate transactions. FRK also provides academic institutions such as universities with grants to promote their study regarding real estate markets.
- 【Policy proposals and requests】
- FRK compiles opinions and requests concerning legal, tax, and financial regulations relating to real estate, as well as pertaining issues such as economic policy, and submit these proposals and requests to government and relevant authorities.
- 【Participation in the Real Estate Information Network System (REINS)】
- As a member of REINS, FRK participates in four of its systems throughout Japan, in order to promote distribution and exchange of real estate information.
- 【Provision of real estate information】
- FRK provides real estate information to the websites of partner organizations.
- 【Public relations】
- With the aim of promoting consumers' understanding of real estate markets and transactions, particularly for existing houses, FRK provides information by issuing "FRK Communication", the organization's official journal, and holding "FRK Housing and Living Seminars".
- FRK offers a wide variety of training and seminar sessions targeted at real estate transaction professionals in order to further facilitate and standardize real estate transactions.